It is the leading design institute for electric network construction of the facilities up to 110 kV. The institute developed almost all the power transmission lines and substations of 100-35-10 kV in Rostov region and Kalmykia, the development diagrams for the electric networks of 35-110 kV and 0.4-10 kV in Rostov region, and carried out the remote control engineering and performed the Automatic System for Commercial Measurement of Power Consumption of the Donenergo Rostov City Electric Networks.
The Institute was founded in Rostov-on-Don in 1965 on the basis of the Electrical Engineering Department of the Sevkavgiprselkhozstroy Institute, which was reorganized into the Rostov Integrated Design Department of the Krasnodar Branch of VNIPI Selelektro. In 1969, the department was transformed into the branch of Selenergoproekt Institute, and in 1990 it became an independent Research, Plan-Surveying and Design-Engineering Institute Rostovselenergoproekt. In 2004, it became a part of the Southern Centre of Power Engineering and was renamed Rostovsetenergoproekt.
These days the Institute is a leading design organization for electric networks construction in the Rostov region and the Republic of Kalmykia.
- Design of 0.4-10 kV distribution networks.
- Design of power transmission lines and substations of 35-110 kV.
- Development of the Automatic System for Commercial Measurement of Power Consumption, Supervisory Control System, Relay Protection and Automation for the electrical grid facilities of 0.4-10 kV, and communication lines.
- Development of future development diagrams for the electric networks of 10-110 kV.
- Development of the Repair and Production Bases and the Repair and Maintenance Points of all types for electric power enterprises.
- Topographical and geotechnical surveys for the design and construction of electrical grid facilities.
- Remote control engineering of enterprise facilities.