It is the general designer of electric networks of over 110 kV of the Volgograd and Astrakhan Power Systems, a leading regional institute for design and commissioning of power systems and electric networks in Volgograd and Astrakhan regions.
Volgogradenergosetproekt was established in March 1963 as the Volgograd Department of the Southern Branch of the Energosetproect Institute. On November 4, 1978, under the order of the USSR Ministry of Energy And Electrification number 321, the Volgograd Department was reorganized into the Volgograd Branch of the Energosetproect Institute. The main activity of the Institute at that time was to design power systems and electric networks of 0.4-500 kV. The institute became a basic project organization concerning the design of power engineering facilities in Volgograd and Astrakhan regions. Its projects became a base for the construction of thousands kilometres of power transmission lines and hundreds of substations, residential buildings, housekeeping facilities and production bases of construction and mounting organizations in Volgograd city, Volgograd and Astrakhan regions, Kalmykia, Bashkiria, Voronezh and Saratov regions, in order to supply industrial enterprises, agriculture, land reclamation , oil and gas industry, railway, water and air transport, communications, biochemical and chemical industry, machine-building and defence sector.
In 1991, the Volgograd Branch of Energosetproect was transformed into the Volgogradenergosetproekt Institute, and on June 2, 1994 — into Volgogradenergosetproekt Joint Stock Company. In 2004, it was established Southern Centre of Power Engineering OJSC in order to increase competitiveness and perform the full range of “turnkey” construction, reconstruction and operation of power facilities.
Volgogradenergosetproekt provides the following services:
- Design of energy conservation, and the provision of design and estimate documentation for construction and reconstruction of electrical grid facilities in the industry, agriculture, transport, oil and gas producing industry, defence sector, machine-building, construction industry, and processing industry.
- Development of all sections of the projects for power transmission lines and substations with voltage of 0.4-500 kV.
- Development of master diagrams for the power systems development.
- Design of emergency control systems for the power system, power district, and separate facility.
- Design of engineering support for control centres of power systems and enterprises of the electric networks.
- Performance of general designer’s functions, and the development of special sections of the project documentation: the environment protection, production and enterprise management, engineering and technical measures of civil defence, activities for prevention of emergency situations, and effectiveness of investments.
- Energy inspection of power-consuming enterprises and organizations, the economic analysis of power supply diagrams, and the development of proposals for their optimization.
- Design of the Automated Control Systems and Management of Electrical Energy Consumption for power systems, electric networks enterprises, power facilities and industrial enterprises.
- Development of master diagrams for the power systems communication to provide automatic and automated, operational and administrative management, including using channels via overhead lines, fibre optical communication lines, radio relay links and satellite channels.
- Development of a master diagram for the collection and transmission of information to all the systems of automatic and automated administrative control.
- Development and implementation of the Automated Process Control Systems for substations and electrical annexes.
- Engineering survey of buildings and structures.
- Integrated engineering survey (topographical survey, geotechnical survey and hydrometeorological survey. The laboratory of integrated surveying expedition carries out the work on the definition of physical and mechanical properties of soils.
- Selection and approval of construction sites and utility corridors.
- Inventory of lands under the electrical grid facilities for the registration of land use title documents.
- Construction of “turnkey” electricity generation facilities — general contractor’s functions.
- Non-state expertise of project documentation and/or engineering survey results.