It is the general designer of electric lines and substations of 110—500 kV, the developer of the development strategy for the integrated power system (IPS) in the North Caucasus and the development diagram for the Dagestan energy system for 2009-2015 with the prospect of up to 2020.
Yuzhenergosetproekt was established in 1962 in Rostov-on-Don as the Southern Branch of the Energosetproect Institute based on the electric networks divisions of the Rostov Teploelektroproect Institute. In 1991, the branch was transformed into an independent institute, in 1993 — into Yuzhenergosetproekt OJSC, and in 2004 it became a part of Southern Centre of Power Engineering OJSC.
Currently, Yuzhenergosetproekt is the general designer of electric lines and substations with voltage up to 500 kV, as a part of the Southern Centre of Power Engineering, and the developer of the development strategy for the integrated power system (IPS) in the North Caucasus. He has extensive experience in the design in the highlands.
- Design of electrical grid facilities with voltage of 110-500 kV.
- Development and design of the relay protection and emergency automatics systems of dispatching process control in the energy production (cable, radio-relay and fibre optical communications lines, radio-frequency communications channels via the power transmission lines).
- Technical re-equipping of electric networks.
- Conduct of surveys of electrical grid facilities.
- Development and implementation of new technologies in the design, construction and operation of energy facilities.
- Development of the ice-slick melting techniques.